Thursday, February 25, 2010

Crafting Green

I am so excited to post about today's project as it involves recycled supplies. (Be still my heart.) My all-time favorite things to create are those I would have ordinarily thrown away after they served their useful purpose. Many things are thrown into the very full landfill that could have been recycled and used for another purpose. I got this idea out of my newest publication of Green Craft Magazine. I love this magazine and all of the wonderful ideas about recycling to make beautiful, new, awesome crafts. (You need to buy this magazine.) The project I made today is a 'file folder book' that holds 'note list' papers. The idea comes from Vanessa Spencer who is shop manager at Stampington & Company. I loved her idea and decided to change it up a bit and add a little more decoration to mine and do a little more rubber stamping. Everything  I used to create this accordion book was recycled except the sewing thread and the stamping ink. The kraft colored note pages are recycled Aldi's grocery store bags. I also used old sheet music and used manila file folders.
So...what are you going to recycle and use, instead of giving it to the landfill?  The old adage is 'one man's trash is another man's treasure.' Oh how I love recycled treasures. :D

The front of the accordion fold book.

The inner pocket pages with list note paper.

More inside pockets.

The opened book showing all pocket pages.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Deb! I can't wait to see this in person!

    Hmm. So maybe you can help me find good uses for all the stuff that lurks in every corner of this house!

    ReplyDelete